Oct 7, 2007

flaws!

A product I think that has design flaws is the oven on the second floor of trowbridge. My friend Leslie and I have made cookies in it twice now, and I always seem to mess up the settings everytime i touch it.

The big thing is that it has a timer and everytime I go to turn the timer off, I end up turning the entire oven off because I hit the switch that says off when the alarm is ringing. I still don't actually know what button makes the alarm stop ringing. You would think it wouldn't be too hard to figure out.

The second problem with it is that when you set the timer, there's no indication that it's actually timing. I can set it for 11 minutes, but apparently you don't have to hit a set button or start button, it just starts counting, but the timer is in minutes only, so you would have to wait by the oven for a whole minute to make sure the timer is actually on, as I have done multiple times as to not burn cookies.

The other problem is when I turn the whole oven off, accidently from the timer issue, the entire oven resets itself, and I usually forget to reset the temperature. It's all digital, so it goes back to the default settings instead of the last used settings.

Last time while baking cookies, when I messed up the timer and turned the whole oven off for probably the third time I actually stated that it was not my fault and the oven was designed poorly.

No comments: