Oct 30, 2007

design design design

I liked Spencer's blog on the Leopard. I know when I used to have windows, and when I would update internet explorer, or AIM, half the time things wouldn't even look any different, and the other half of the timeeverything would be completely different and confusing. Leopard sounds like it makes things better while keeping the macs setup relatively the same.

Spencer's Blog

Kelsey's blog was another one I liked. I took marketing back in high school, and she brings up the fact that marketing is important in selling any good. Bad products can easily be sold if the marketing is tweeked, and good products without marketing will never be recgonized. Without marketing, products wouldn't sell the way they do today.

Kelsey's Blog

Ezra's blog was also interesting. Bike helmets are things that most kids try to out-grow at some point in their life. Kids feel that they are un-cool. As Ezra said though, there are some cool helmets out there like "aggressive skating" helmets. Why not design more helmets like that? Bike helemts really aren't that great half the time unless they are designed well. My current helmet at home, doesn't really fit my head correctly. It slides around and if it were to get a hard impact, would probably slide off my head and be of no help to my skull. I got it though because I liked the color. It was a peral color that reflects rainbow, which I thought was awesome. The things that look cool are only good if they still do their job. You would think designers making a helmet would be more concerned with safety than asthetics, but in reality, they still want to sell a product, so they do put a good chunk of their time into design rather than safety.

Ezra's Blog

No comments: